ICOM is a learning company first and a technology company second.
WHO WE ARE
Through our collaborative process, ICOM works closely with our clients to determine business needs, define learning outcomes, and build effective learning solutions. Following our finely tuned instructional design and development processes, we sink our teeth into our clients’ challenges to find the best opportunity for change and growth.
WHAT WE DO
ICOM’s customer services include a spectrum of learning solutions that use diverse media platforms to achieve specific learning and business outcomes.
Because every situation is different, ICOM’s solutions don’t come from a box. We create a unique balance of education and technology, capitalizing on the strengths of each. By providing information in a way that is engaging and enlightening, we help learners retain knowledge so they can apply it to their daily tasks and effectively drive business needs.
WHO WE NEED
We are looking to add another outstanding individual to our Instructional Design team, based out of our Vancouver office. Our ID team is responsible for creating the learning content that goes into our award winning solutions.
As part of this team you will work with clients, subject matter experts and multi-disciplinary project teams in a dynamic and fast-paced role with a focus on creating positive and engaging learner experiences. Some of the work you will be doing is:
- conducting thorough front end needs analysis to identify business and learner needs, goals and objectives
- determining the required training strategy and appropriate delivery system and creating learning solutions that are appropriate for the organization context
- determining performance indicators and measures and ensuring follow-up, monitoring and results
- being the ‘face of ICOM’ for the client, acting as the learning expert and advisor throughout the project
- keeping up to date on the latest ID methodologies and proposing use with appropriate client/learning solution
- working with sales, content developers, project managers and other internal partners to create engaging solutions
WHAT YOU BRING
The right person for the job will have proven instructional design and course development experience along with the ability to translate business needs into learning solutions. You will come with:
- A degree or certification in education or instructional design, or three or more years of related experience in education, training or instructional design
- Demonstrated ability to translate general principles of learning and instruction into highly engaging, relevant and interactive learning programs and curriculum
- Strong consulting skills with a proven ability to ‘read’ the client and proactively advise and guide them to achieve their business outcome
- A collaborative work style with an understanding of the importance of building relationships with internal teams and clients
- Flexibility to adapt to a variety of projects, clients and changing priorities and the organizational skills to keep it all on track
- Exceptional verbal and written business communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite / Google Apps would be considered an asset