Instructional Designer (Freelance)
ICOM is looking for a talented Freelance Instructional Designer to develop eLearning storyboards for part-time and full-time work.
We are seeking someone who is a lifelong learner and driven by curiosity. If you’re enthusiastic, passionate about what you do, self-motivated, approachable, and have a commitment to excellence, then this is the job for you!
- Experience developing storyboards for eLearning.
- Good customer service ability and willingness to ensure training deliverables meet client needs.
- Support the creation of innovative learning solutions that are flexible and aligned to clients’ needs.
- Partner and collaborate with team members and clients alike in support of solutions.
- Be an active contributor to a positive, innovative and collaborative work environment.
- Review, analyze and organize source material and related data in order to advise on strategy, design solutions and develop content.
- Lead conversations with clients, stakeholders and subject matter experts to gather information, documenting findings and lesson content accordingly.
- Write material for all aspects of solutions development from learning outlines to scripts or job aids.
- Act as the lead and subject matter expert on client projects and be available to meet with clients.
- Manage timelines in support of projects, inspiring others to follow and influencing the right actions to achieve given goals.
- Contribute to the evolution of ICOM’s instructional design methods and practices, driving efficiencies and effectiveness, and by supporting other team members through adoption. Educating the team and being educated.
- Ability to work from home and travel to client meetings.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive experience in a similar role within a learning or organizational development field.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or related subject.
- Masters of Education, CTP or CTDP designation would be an asset.
We have artists, teachers (you), talkers (sales), planners/chasers, pool players, video-game heroes, musicians, pranksters, and athletes. We have family people, single people, happy people. We’re all friends and family here.
ICOM is an award-winning eLearning company. Our team comprises more than 50 learning specialists, including Instructional Designers, Project Managers, Writers, Graphic Designers, and Software Programmers.
At ICOM, it's our mission to challenge and inspire the world to learn differently. Over our 24-year history, we’ve developed hundreds of online education programs for some of Canada’s biggest and best-known companies. From modifying behaviours to driving business objectives, ICOM uses cutting-edge technology, such as virtual reality and 360-degree video to help produce real on-the-job results. Sound like fun? That’s because it is!